Become a Missions Advocate – Campus
Are you passionate about reaching the unreached? Are you searching for opportunities to share your passion for global missions with other students to help advance the Great Commission? If so, you may want to become a Missions Advocate for World Team on your campus.
Founded in 1873, World Team is a global agency serving on six continents. Our vision is to be innovative teams multiplying disciples and communities of believers, bringing the Gospel within reach of lost people everywhere we go.
As a Missions Advocate, you will use your time, energy and skills to promote global missions on your college or university campus. To show our appreciation for your help, World Team will award you a $500 scholarship per semester.
Q: What will be expected of me?
A: Missions Advocates champion missions by inviting fellow students to participate in bringing the gospel to the ends of the earth. Specifically, you will:
- Meet regularly with students interested in missions and connect them to the World Team mobilizer on your campus to discuss next steps.
- Assist with events World Team organizes on your campus, especially by publicizing these events through announcements in classes or chapel, sharing through social media, etc.
- Promote World Team opportunities that are specifically designed for college students, such as short-term mission trips and cross-cultural internships.
Q: What can I expect of World Team?
A: A World Team Mobilizer will mentor you and support your role as Missions Advocate. Specifically, your Regional Mobilizer will:
- Meet with you on a regular basis, encouraging you in your walk with the Lord and inviting you to dive deeper into the world of global missions.
- Communicate with you about World Team’s history, vision, updates from various fields, and concrete opportunities for people to serve.
- Provide you with online and print materials that can help you to promote global missions.
Q: Will I be trained for this task and role?
A: Yes! Training is a crucial part of this endeavor. Specifically, we plan to:
- Explain in detail what missions means for us at World Team and what kind of people we are looking for to become future missionaries.
- Provide you with a variety of resources, to include prayer resources, learning resources, mission courses, and book recommendations.
- Expose you to topics such as the biblical basis of missions, needs among the unreached, and discipleship—as well as connecting you with classes that cover relevant missions content.
Interested in learning more? Please do not hesitate to contact your World Team Mobilizer–we would love to hear from you! You can reach us at Mobilize.US@worldteam.org or start your application here: Missions Advocate Application | World Team USA